Review on 'Shinigami Hime no Saikon'

This manga series is about the male protagonist Kashburn Licen and his lady Alicia Faitlin. Kashburn is a 'new noble' who wants to solidify his lineage by marrying a real noble blood. Since Kashburn is known as a tyrant and wants to have someone who would help spread fear about his reputation, he married the 'Princess of Death.' Alicia earned this title when her groom was assassinated at the altar. She never thought someone would make an offer of marriage for her until Kashburn comes along.

I love Alicia. Her thinking is very different. She even encourages the maid to continue sexual relations with her husband. haha

The glasses didn't really attract me but as the story progressed, I grew to like them. Alicia is actually quite adorable! :) She always have the complete opposite reaction of what you would normally expect.

I quickly got emotionally invested on Alicia and would take up her cudgels against that evil maid Nora anytime. Roar.

I like how the characters are already well-developed after a few chapters. Nice.

I also like the mystery. There is a dark element reminiscent of Victorian era novels.

Did I already mention how this manga is the epitome of character development? :)

The bad thing about it is when it just ended. I felt that the series ended too soon. The normal plot curve is not yet complete. Just when other mangas would have upped the plot, it is when this manga ends. We need more chapters.

Good thing there is a continuation in a different manga series. ;)

Rating: 5/5





The series continues in "Shinigamihime No Saikon - Baraen No Tokei Koushaku."

Here's my review on the sequel: Part 2

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Background

StatCounter