Impressions on Dengeki Daisy




I am reading Dengeki Daisy right now. It is about a high school student named Teru and an anonymous hacker named Daisy. Daisy has always been supporting Teru since her brother died. They would communicate via emails. Daisy has protected Teru primarily because her brother asked him to before he died. Later though, he developed feelings for her and continued to protect because he now loves her.

I am currently Volume 8, Chapter 38: Beginning of the Sin. I am slowly getting tired of the manga because they still haven't kissed yet. It may be a shallow reason but it would've been alright if the plot moved briskly along and kept the interesting stuff up. The manga has slowed down though and made a lot of space for the past. It's a pretty boring past.

The lead male character here works as a school janitor. Teru has suspicions that that man and Daisy are one.

I will be honest and say I didn't like the lead male character. I didn't like him at all.

The manga also seems to keep mentioning that it is not a shoujo manga. Yes, it does seem to suit more of a slice-of-life type of manga rather than shoujo. Given that I have been reading a lot of shoujo fantasy, the first thing that hit me was something like this, "Eh? He got no powers?" haha

Maybe I will come back for Dengeki Daisy. But I have decided to move forward to manga series Faster Than A Kiss at the moment.

Here's my rating even though I didn't finish it.

Rating: 3/5

Update:

It turns out that I continued to read the subsequent chapters and am at Volume 19, Chapter 6: I Cannot Resist Your Beautiful Self.

Here are some pictures so far.


When Teru discovered who Daisy is.

Teru trying to hide what she discovered.


 

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Background

StatCounter