Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Summary for Chapter 69


Click here for Chapter 68

CHAPTER 69: FARANDOLE #2

Summary:


"Concubine?!"

The kingdom is in an uproar. The people could not stop talking about it.

"What do you mean concubine? What about Nike-sama?" a man asked, incredulous.

"Well, he's the king after all. These kinds of things are normal aren't they? But to find a concubine right before the wedding... as expected of a man like him. I'm so envious," another man replies.

At a bar, people are also talking about it.

"Hey! The procession has already entered this town area! They say she's a really, really gorgeous lady! And her boobs are huge!" a man announces.

"For real? I'm going!" someone says.

"So, am I!" another says.


Finally, the King's entourage has reached the castle's gates. Inside the gates, scores of people line up the street to catch a glimpse of Livius' concubine. When the entourage enters, people cheer and some people throw flowers at the entourage.

Men stare at Cassandra. They've never seen anyone as beautiful as her, they said. They also notice that she is middle-aged and conclude that Livius is indeed attracted to women older than him.

The women have another reaction. They are shocked. They believed that Nike was the only woman Livius wanted to ever be with.

Jishin, who is dressed up as one of the horsemen, discretely reports to Livius the comments of the people around them. Livius says that he wanted to avoid all these as much as possible but it couldn't be helped. Some of the bandsmen that were with Jishin dressed up as horsemen as well. People couldn't tell from their smart outfit. Livius comments that the townspeople's reaction is favorable because of Cassandra's beauty. Jishin immediately says 'of course.'

The entourage now has reached the castle entrance. A guard shouts, "His Royal Highness, the Sun King, returns!"

"The hard part begins now," Livius mumbles.


High up at the tower, the priests who wanted to interfere with Livius' plans were all twisted in rage and shock. They couldn't believe that he made a witch his concubine, which is against their dogma. And to make sure the priests couldn't simply oppose it, Livius paraded his concubine in the town. Now, the townspeople are in his favor. Livius was proving to be a sly one. Livius was proving to be a fearsome opponent, they thought.

Livius' entourage enters the castle gates. He is greeted by his court, who are all lined up in columns at both sides of the entrance. They all bow down to Livius.

"Your majesty," Neil says as he formally bows. "I am delighted that you have returned safely."

"Yeah," Livius replies. "Thanks for taking care of everything here, Neil. I'm back."

Livius then gives Neil a warm smile. "Thanks for going through the trouble of welcoming me here."

Neil freeze as a reaction.

"What's wrong, Neil?"

"Umm...Y-your Majesty!" Neil exclaims as he tears up like a kid. "I-I'm so glad you are safe...! You have carried out your first errand wonderfully by bringing Cassandra safely here. I am rejoicing from the bottom of my heart." Neil sobs as Bardwin comforts him.

Bardwin also greets Livius for his safe return and pats Neil's head.

Livius then turns. "Have I got your notice Cassandra?"

Cassandra steps down from her carriage. She was stunning as she lifts the sides of her dress. You could almost see roses behind her. Bardwin looked surprised while Neil grew red.

Cassandra stood right beside Livius and faced the royal court.

"Everybody here at the royal palace," Cassandra starts. "I believe this is the first time we've met. I am Cassandra of the Forest of Wonders. As fate may have it, I have the honor of waiting upon His Majesty. I am pleased to make your acquaintance. I hope we continue to get along and hereafter." Cassandra then bows.

"There's no need to get to know each other," someone rudely interrupts.

It was Priest Rani Landreth-sama (you know, the most powerful but hairless priest in the kingdom who is out make trouble in the castle?). Or the source of all evil, as Livius described. 

"What is going on here? Please explain yourself, Your Majesty," the priest says. "You haven't even given us notice. So why?"

Livius looked straight at him and said, "Well, you see, I just couldn't help myself. Just when I was on an incognito journey by myself, I encountered this unbelievable beauty. I wanted to make her my own no matter what, so I brought her home with me."

"Oh, your Highness, you're making me blush," Cassandra said.

While Livius was talking to the priests, one of the people who were Livius quietly went up to Neil to give him the instructions as to how to get the carriage full of medicinal herbs inside the castle. Neil must make the necessary preparations.

"Do you have no idea what your own position is?" Landreth-sama said. The king is a being on equal standing with the Sun Priests. If you are to marry, you need our permiss-"

"Cassandra is my 'concubine,'" Livius interrupted. "Don't misunderstand. The only thing I need a permission for is to bring a 'queen.' I too know that no matter how many queens I bring in, they will all need your permission. In contrast, a 'concubine' is the person a king may be able to turn to at his own discretion. Origins and social status are irrelevant."

With a determined face, Livius emphatically says, "This is the concubine I have decided on."

Bardwin and the other priests already noticed. Those were the same words that the Great King, Livius' father, spoke in the past when he fought for Sheila.

"You priests don't have a right to interfere," Livius told them with a sinister expression.

Landreth-sama was shocked.

"How impudent!" one of the priests say.

"The same thing as the Great King. As expected, blood will tell...!" another said.

"You understand now, don't you?" Livius says as he starts walking past them. "You don't have the right to voice your complaints on this matter. Cassandra will be allowed to move around in the castle as she pleases. And I won't permit you to get in her way either."

"Don't think this will be the last you'll hear of us," Landreth warns him. Landreth looks at Livius sideways. "We priests have been neglected this much. So I hope you're prepared for the fact that you'll have to start all over again concerning your engagement with Nike."

"The ones who should prepare for 'when that time comes' are you guys," Livius said. "I will not give you another chance to come back. Next time, I'll crush you." With that, Livius leaves them. Cassandra and Bardwin closely walk behind Livius.

The second Livius got inside the castle, he made everyone make haste so they can prepare for the medicine. He wants to use the herbs before it loses it medicinal properties. Livius impresses Neil and Bardwin for his medical knowledge now. Bardwin also notices that Livius has grown taller, at least in stature. He comments that he was surprised that Livius was able to talk about his father normally. He used to avoid it, even when Nike asks about him. But this time, not only did he talk about him, he also used him as a weapon. Somehow, it made Bardwin feel like Livius has grown "bigger." Bardwin is convinced that although this is the same Livius, he is somehow different. He wants to quickly show Nike the new Livius.

In the queen's bedchamber, a sleeping Nike is having fits. The spells are no longer working. Kara hasn't slept for a while but is still pushing through.

At that instant, someone covers Kara's eyes. It was Cassandra. She tells Kara to take a rest as she looked like she's almost on a nervous breakdown.

Cassandra asks about the symptoms and her seizure intervals from the resident doctor (I forgot his name). She then asks that the room temperature be increased even though Nike's fever has gone up and asked for needles she can place in certain positions in Nike's body to stop the seizures. She then rips the sleeves of her dress so she can move freely. She then proceeds to perform acupuncture on Nike. It works. Nike stopped having fits. However, Cassandra tells them that this will only keep Nike calm for around two hours. Until then, they have to try three types of herbal medicine on her.

Jishin gives the first medicine to Nike. It doesn't work.

The second one does not work either and Livius starts to think if this is where all will  will end.
"If my future has no Nike in it," Livius thinks as he stares at her. "It would be the same as dying here, right?"

"Come to think of it, I've said that before, haven't I?" Livius continues to think sadly. "Shall we die together? When it's completely hopeless, I'd rather...I'd rather..."

Nike's face flashes in his mind.

"No," Livius thought. "We decided that we're going to live together. As if either of us would die!"

Livius' thoughts were interrupted by Cassandra who announced that she is about to administer the third one.

"Please be ready for whatever happens," Cassandra says.

"Cassandra," Livius said. "Will you allow me to give her the last dosage?"

"I don't mind," Cassandra replies and hands the medicine bottle to Livius.

Livius takes the medicine and places the contents in his mouth to everyone's surprise. He then leans over to where Nike is sleeping and feeds her the liquid medicine with an open kiss, the medicine moving from Livius' mouth to Nike's.


"I'''ll pray with everything I have. To God or the devil, I don't care!" Livius prays feverishly in silence. "Don't take Nike away from me. Give Nike back to me. If you'll allow me to continue living with somebody who is this precious, I won't need any more than this."

Livius kisses Nike for a long time. "Please..." Livius prays.

Suddenly, Nike gulps down the medicine.

"Answer me," Livius continues to pray to God.

And with that, Nike's eyes slowly open.


-chapter end-





The manga may be found here:

 


        

Comments

  1. Thank you for this chapter ! Please update soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the BEST, thank you for translating and posts. I'm excited for the next update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE UPDATE !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the summary!! Please update soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the chapter!! Please update soon!! I can't wait to read what happens next!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Background

StatCounter